Wikipedia

Search results

Friday, September 12, 2014

HUMAN

All of us are human beings, but sometimes we don't always get the respect we deserve. My own mother thinks that I'm very electronically inclined, that I constantly mess up, that she has to be the only perfect one around the house. And when she does make a mistake, she says that it's a lesson to show what we're like. Well, it took me a long time to see that I don't need approval from anyone, even from my mother. My father has always said, that my sister has this fire inside so she gets angry really easily. (she gets from our grandmother). Well, I have always known that I have the same fire as she. But I've always controlled it, concealed it made sure no one ever saw that side of me. I knew if I let it show, my  life would have a lot of drama. I now know that we are all only human. We make mistakes, we have emotions, we don't need approval from anyone. As for my mother, she can think all she wants. She can assume that I don't use my phone responsibly, I'm always playing games, or that I never read books at all. I know that in my heart that none of those things are true. Love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections.~John Legend

No comments:

Post a Comment